How We Manage Money
We provide goals-based investing strategies, with the holistic financial plan in mind, as the investment portfolio is simply a tool in the financial plan. The way we help manage money is we focus on asset allocation and risk management utilizing a combination of active and passive strategies across multiple asset classes to help control downside risk and optimize risk adjusted return.
- Which is just a lot of investment speak saying that we want to help you sleep better at night while helping you achieve your long-term financial goals, helping the client to manage destructive behaviors and keep you on your plan.
- BWM leverages the strength of Northwestern Mutual’s Capital Markets team and seeks out information and forecasts across Wall Street because we believe good ideas come from anywhere.
- We believe asset allocation trumps stock-picking and is a more consistent source of returns. We build globally diversified portfolios across asset classes, securities, market caps, and risk factors.
- We believe Markets generally work over the long-term so a strategic asset allocation utilizing broad diversification helps reduce risk and protects against outlier events.
- Asset Allocation
- Diversification/Risk Management
- Tax-Efficient Assets Where It Makes Sense
- Tax-Loss Harvesting
- Strategic Selling
Optimizing Return and Mitigating Risk
- The goal of allocating your assets is to minimize risk while meeting the level of return you expect.
- To achieve that goal, you need to know the risk-return characteristics of the various asset classes.